Insomnia is a kind of physiological disorder with unsatisfying sleep quality and / or quantity. Anxiety or fear of insomnia is the psychological pathogenic factor of this disease. In addition, the body disease, education level, living habits, working environment, sleep conditions and other factors are also closely related to the formation of insomnia.
What effect can insomnia have on human health?
One third of a person's life is spent in sleep, during which the whole body can recover and rest. Long term insomnia is very harmful to the elderly
(1) Insomnia leads to the decline of body immunity and the weakening of resistance to various diseases.
(2) Insomnia causes memory loss and headache.
(3) Insomnia affects work, study and life efficiency and quality.
(4) Insomnia can lead to autonomic nervous disorder.
(5) Often insomnia makes people premature aging, shorten life.
Does senile insomnia have relation with living habit?
Insomnia is one of the common symptoms for the elderly, and has a certain relationship with some bad habits in life.
(1) Irregular work and rest time: if you sleep too much during the day, you can't sleep at night. If you go down for a long time, you can easily cause insomnia.
(2) Emotional too excited: emotional excitement will cause excessive excitement, active thinking, it is easy to cause insomnia.
(3) Psychological pressure: some elderly people in life due to various reasons bear greater pressure, or negative emotions, all day living in anxiety, will also lead to insomnia.
(4) Some old people like to sleep back to sleep after morning exercise, which can also lead to insomnia. The sleep time of the elderly is less and easy to be interrupted. If we always hope to get back to sleep to supplement sleep, it may disrupt the work and rest rules, cause the brain biological clock disorder, and cause the situation of "not sleeping well in the daytime and not sleeping at night".
(5) Before going to bed, satiety, drinking, reading stimulating books and periodicals will affect sleep.
How to treat senile insomnia?
The elderly should pay attention to the importance of sleep quality and sleep habits to health. If insomnia occurs, they should actively seek treatment in the hospital, so as to achieve early diagnosis, analysis of causes and early treatment.
(1) Psychotherapy: through explanation and guidance, patients can understand the basic knowledge about sleep and reduce unnecessary expected anxiety reaction.
(2) Behavior therapy: mainly to carry out relaxation training, relax tension and anxiety, so that patients better and faster into sleep state.
(3) Drug treatment: when choosing drug treatment, we should be very careful. We should distinguish the causes and use drugs according to the doctor's advice. We should not abuse sleeping pills to avoid aggravating the disease.
(4) Physical exercise: appropriate physical exercise, enhance physical fitness, increase the sense of physical fatigue, is conducive to sleep, but the amount of exercise should not be too large, excessive fatigue will affect sleep.
(5) Adjust living habits: such as cancel or reduce nap, develop the habit of sleeping on time.
How to reduce the occurrence of insomnia?
(1) Regular work and rest, get up on time every day, and go to meet the morning sunshine.
(2) Don't eat dinner after 7pm. Drink warm milk or honey water before going to bed.
(3) Take a bath before going to bed. The water temperature should not exceed 37 ℃ and soak for 10-15 minutes.
(4) Practicing Taijiquan is helpful to adjust the nervous function and recover the mental state of high tension. Therefore, it can reduce the occurrence of insomnia by practicing boxing.
What dietary items should be paid attention to when insomnia occurs？
The daily diet of insomnia elderly should be light and easy to digest, and should not eat or drink a lot of water within 2 hours before going to bed, so as to avoid stimulating cerebral cortex due to gastrointestinal tract stimulation, or difficulty in falling asleep due to increased nocturia; eat less greasy, fried smoked and roasted food, and avoid spicy food, such as strong tea, coffee, wine, etc.; avoid eating pepper, onion, garlic, pepper and other food; A cup of hot milk before bedtime can improve sleep. Insomnia is a kind of physiological disorder with unsatisfying sleep quality and / or quantity. Anxiety or fear of insomnia is the psychological pathogenic factor of this disease. In addition, the body disease, education level, living habits, working environment, sleep conditions and other factors are also closely related to the formation of insomnia.